Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.
Huawei MediaPad Lite hard reset MediaPad 7 Lite factory reset
1. First Power off your Huawei mediaPad lite tablet.
2. Press and hold the the Volume Down + POWER keys together for about 10 seconds and recovery mode will appear.
2nd try this
turn on the device pressing Vol UP + power.
After vibrate keep press only Volume UP until you see gears.
Release Volume UP, and press Volume Down until green OK appears.
or via menu options
Huawei MediaPad Andorid 4.0 factory reset from menuIf your tablet is responding to screen input, then open Settings from the Applications menu. Tap Backup & reset > Factory data reset; click Reset tablet and then Erase everything to format your MediaPad. All data will be lost!
Huawei MediaPad Lite hard reset using firmware upgradeAnother way to reset your tablet is, download and reinstall / update Mediapad Lite firmware. Firmware can be found oin Huawei's official website.
Make a back up copy all of your important data before the upgrade process. All data will be lost!
1. Download from Huawei's website the .rar or .zip file of Mediapad firmware. Unpack it. Copy dload directory (update.zip, unlmt.cfg etc.) to the root directory of microSD memory card. Keep the folder structure.
2. Make sure your tablet is powered off.
3. Insert SD memory card in the tablet memory slot.
4. The tablet will begin SD card upgrade automatically after you power on the tablet.
5. You should see the following screen
6. If everything went fine during the upgrade process, after it you should see a green "OK" on the screen.
You will be also be notified that pull out the memory card and reboot the tablet by pressing and holding the power key for about 10 seconds.
Pls note, that the tablet will reboot once again after it updates its configuration file.